Smart Venice is seeking a Project & Research Assistant to join our team in Venice since January 2018.
This will be a key member of the team and will assist the Programmes Lead in overseeing the initial portfolio of Smart Venice srl.
He/she will support the Programme Lead with the implementation and reporting of already funded EU projects and events and contribute to EU level networking activities. Full professional fluency in English and Italian is essential (C1 level min.).
Smart Venice areas of work are: digital social innovation, gender and diversity inclusive smart cities and communities, sustainable innovation. Experience and/or knowledge in one or more of these key areas of work is a plus.
The EU Projects Programme at Smart Venice srl is a startup initiative, therefore you will be involved in all the aspects of activities including communication, social networks, operations, research and programmes implementation, events organizations, and preparation of new project proposals and tenders. A capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously is therefore crucial.
What we are looking for:
Candidates should possess a university degree in a scientific field of relevance to our research areas with an interest and demonstrated capacity in crossing disciplinary boundaries (i.e. social and political studies, business, computer sciences, engineering)
Relevant work experience is a plus but not required.
We are interested in profiles with the following features:
- Academic merit (e.g. first class graduates; please indicate your grades in your CV).
- Reasoning skills (e.g. top percentile scores on certified aptitudinal tests, such as GMAT*).
- Multi-tasking abilities (e.g. ability to work, in parallel, on different tasks and domains within specific deadlines).
- Language skills (excellent knowledge of English and Italian, both verbal and written, is a MUST – an additional language is a plus but not mandatory).
- International experience and ambition (e.g. willingness to co-operate with multi-national teams and availability to travel abroad).
- Soft skills and social activities (e.g. in relation to networking skills, civic engagement, presentation skills).
What we offer:
- One year full time fixed term employment contract with possibility of renewal for an additional year
- Opportunity to develop substantial professional skills that will serve the selected candidate throughout his/her career.
- Career prospects reflecting successful progress and specific talent features.
- Experience and knowledge in diverse research and policy implementation domains and the possibility to explore a variety of topics.
- Flexibility in working conditions (blend tele-working with office).
- Salary_ dependent on experience
Closing Date and applications
- Interested applicants should send their CVs not later than 30th November 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate in your email subject: ‘Assistant Project & Research Manager vacancy’.
- Interviews will take place between 4th and 13th December.
- You don’t need to send a cover letter
*If you have taken the GMAT tests, please indicate this within your email and make sure that your CV includes all the scoring information.